Monday, April 13, 2009

now i know where selfish came from

last saturday
i went to wet market with me bapak.
like always,
we lookin for groceries, as mum demanded.
while looking for fish,
my bapak asked the tauke, how much the ikan kembong?
she said, RM5 per kilo.
me bapak juz nodded, n then went away, askin the same question to another tauke.
after surveying the price, me bapak came back to the previous tauke.
he asked the tauke the price of ikan kembong.
suprisingly, she replied, RM6 per kilo.
my bapak's eyebrows raised a bit, "why, juz before u said RM5 per kilo?"
she said when she put the price at RM5, my father n some other customer did not buy, so she raised the price to RM6.
again, me bapak juz went away, with no comments.
while following me bapak,
i looked back, staring at the tauke.
deep inside me heart, i said,
"what a selfish fishmonger"

No comments:

Post a Comment